Welcome to Tourism Simcoe County Industry page, a resource for County updates, training and workshop sessions available to the industry, login location for adding
or updating your free YLM listing on
experience.simcoe.ca and a place to learn more about tourism in our region.
To get the latest updates on partnership and funding opportunities, and industry updates, sign up for our tourism industry e-newsletter HERE
For resources specific to the covid-19 pandemic,
Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant
CLOSED ON MARCH 31, 2021
Once all applications have been reviewed by staff, recommendations will be provided to the Grant Task Force Committee to be finalized. These recommendations will the need to be ratified by County Council before notifying applicants of their success.
All applicants will be notified via email, to the address listed on the application once the approval process is complete.
Experience Development Coordinator
Tourism Simcoe County Distribution Program
GET THE EXPOSURE YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS....
Tourism Simcoe County offers a variety of co-operative marketing opportunities and programs to promote area tourism businesses. Take advantage of our Local or Border Run distribution.
The Border Run program occurs twice a year in the fall and spring. Publications are delivered to more than sixty tourism information centres along the Hwy 401 corridor from Sarnia to Ottawa and into Quebec.
The Local Distribution program delivers brochures to over fifty prime locations in Simcoe County including hotels, attractions, restaurants, golf courses and ski resorts.
The program runs weekly from May to September and bi-weekly the remainder of the year.
For contract information please see below:
LOCAL BROCHURE DISTRIBUTION
BORDER RUN DISTRIBUTION
Service Excellence Training
RTO7 and the Counties of Bruce, Grey & Simcoe have partnered to bring an online customer service training program to the region. Working in collaboration with OTEC (Ontario Tourism Education Corporation), the BGS Tourism Service Excellence Training is a one hour training that will provide the fundamentals of customer service for frontline tourism staff and other first impression individuals e.g. gas station attendants. We want to collectively ensure that we’re all putting our best foot forward when it comes to welcoming visitors to BruceGreySimcoe!
To be eligible to take the training individuals must:
- Work in one of Bruce, Grey or Simcoe Counties
- Own or work for a “tourism business or organization” as defined below:
If you are a large employer wishing to access training for more than 10 participants, please call your County representative below to access the 'larger employer' promo code.
- Tourism industry (i.e. the businesses or industries that sell products and services directly to tourists, e.g. accommodations, restaurants, recreation and attractions, travel agents, transportation and retail enterprises etc.)
- Owner/Operator (private and non-private tourism businesses, attractions)
- ‘First impressions’ individuals/organizations e.g. gas station attendant, convenience store clerk, or an organization that regularly services the visitors to our region
- Tourism Organization
- Destination Marketing Organization (DMO)
- Business Improvement Association (BIA) or Chamber of Commerce
- Municipal Tourism Office
- Students in a tourism/hospitality program (secondary, post-secondary, career college, etc.) – please call 705-888-8728 or click on the Register button below to access the training
Experience Development Coordinator
Tourism Simcoe County
Please use promo code: S125