Welcome to Tourism Simcoe County Industry page, a resource for County updates, training and workshop sessions available to the industry, login location for adding
or updating your free YLM listing on
experience.simcoe.ca and a place to learn more about tourism in our region.
Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant
CLOSED for 2020
The objective of the County of Simcoe Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant Program is to support and enhance Tourism, Culture and Sport in Simcoe County through:
- Investing in tourism, culture and sport activities that promote awareness, access, participation and appreciation of the distinct, diverse offerings within the County of Simcoe;
- Building organizational capacity in existing and new local organizations;
- Encouraging collaborative opportunities and partnerships;
- Contributing to the County of Simcoe's overall economic health and sense of place; and
- Enhancing participants' experiences by supporting innovative and accessible programming
Funding envelope is $300,000 and funding is awarded in two (2) streams:
Under this stream, grants up to $5,000 are awarded to qualified groups to support the organizations' developmental needs.
2. Project and Campaign
Under this stream, grants up to $25,000 are awarded to qualified organizations that cultivate partnerships and collaborations to develop tourism, culture and sport programs and initiatives.
UPDATE April 1, 2020
We received over $1 million in requests for the $300,000.00 fund. All applications have been reviewed and are expected to be presented to the Grant Task Force Committee on April 24th.
Given the current state of the COVID-19 emergency and the uncertainty of the next number of weeks or months to come, the Grant Task Force Committee will also be presented with options for how to responsibly proceed with the grant. Once they have made their recommendation, this decision will need to be ratified by County Council, expected on May 26th. We will then inform all applicants of their final decision.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate the situation and try to find the best solution to support our tourism operators during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Experience Development Coordinator
Industry Events & Professional Development Workshops
2020 County of Simcoe Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant Applicant Information Session
Friday, January 24, 2020 | 10:00AM to 12:00PM
Simcoe County Conference Room at the County of Simcoe Administration Centre - 1110 Highway 26, Midhurst ON L9X 1N6
Join us for an information session on the new County of Simcoe Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant. There will be a presentation on eligibility and criteria, the application process, and time for your questions.
Please RSVP to Brianne Dubeau at email@example.com
Tourism Simcoe County Distribution Program
GET THE EXPOSURE YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS....
Tourism Simcoe County offers a variety of co-operative marketing opportunities and programs to promote area tourism businesses. Take advantage of our Local or Border Run distribution.
The Border Run program occurs twice a year in the fall and spring. Publications are delivered to more than sixty tourism information centres along the Hwy 401 corridor from Sarnia to Ottawa and into Quebec.
The Local Distribution program delivers brochures to over fifty prime locations in Simcoe County including hotels, attractions, restaurants, golf courses and ski resorts.
The program runs weekly from May to September and bi-weekly the remainder of the year.
For contract information please see below:
LOCAL BROCHURE DISTRIBUTION
BORDER RUN DISTRIBUTION
Service Excellence Training
RTO7 and the Counties of Bruce, Grey & Simcoe have partnered to bring an online customer service training program to the region. Working in collaboration with OTEC (Ontario Tourism Education Corporation), the BGS Tourism Service Excellence Training is a one hour training that will provide the fundamentals of customer service for frontline tourism staff and other first impression individuals e.g. gas station attendants. We want to collectively ensure that we’re all putting our best foot forward when it comes to welcoming visitors to BruceGreySimcoe!
To be eligible to take the training individuals must:
- Work in one of Bruce, Grey or Simcoe Counties
- Own or work for a “tourism business or organization” as defined below:
If you are a large employer wishing to access training for more than 10 participants, please call your County representative below to access the 'larger employer' promo code.
- Tourism industry (i.e. the businesses or industries that sell products and services directly to tourists, e.g. accommodations, restaurants, recreation and attractions, travel agents, transportation and retail enterprises etc.)
- Owner/Operator (private and non-private tourism businesses, attractions)
- ‘First impressions’ individuals/organizations e.g. gas station attendant, convenience store clerk, or an organization that regularly services the visitors to our region
- Tourism Organization
- Destination Marketing Organization (DMO)
- Business Improvement Association (BIA) or Chamber of Commerce
- Municipal Tourism Office
- Students in a tourism/hospitality program (secondary, post-secondary, career college, etc.) – please call 705-888-8728 or click on the Register button below to access the training
Experience Development Coordinator
Tourism Simcoe County
Please use promo code: S125