Welcome to Tourism Simcoe County Industry page, a resource for County updates, training and workshop sessions available to the industry, login location for adding
or updating your free YLM listing on
experience.simcoe.ca and a place to learn more about tourism in our region.
Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant
SUSPENDED for 2020
The objective of the County of Simcoe Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant Program is to support and enhance Tourism, Culture and Sport in Simcoe County through:
- Investing in tourism, culture and sport activities that promote awareness, access, participation and appreciation of the distinct, diverse offerings within the County of Simcoe;
- Building organizational capacity in existing and new local organizations;
- Encouraging collaborative opportunities and partnerships;
- Contributing to the County of Simcoe's overall economic health and sense of place; and
- Enhancing participants' experiences by supporting innovative and accessible programming
Funding envelope is $300,000 and funding is awarded in two (2) streams:
1. Capacity-Building: Under this stream, grants up to $5,000 are awarded to qualified groups to support the organizations' developmental needs.
2. Project and Campaign: Under this stream, grants up to $25,000 are awarded to qualified organizations that cultivate partnerships and collaborations to develop tourism, culture and sport programs and initiatives.
UPDATE April 30, 2020
We received over $1 million in requests for the $300,000.00 fund. All applications have been evaluated.
On Tuesday, April 28th, County Council voted to suspend the 2020 Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Well over half of the recommended grant recipients will no longer be able to carry out their intended project and we anticipate this to continue to decline even further in the coming weeks, making it significantly worse. Examples include festivals, events, educational workshops and marketing campaigns. The motion passed read, That the 2020 Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant be suspended and that the budgeted $300,000 be transferred to the Tourism Simcoe Reserve.
To receive updates on funding opportunities and other tourism industry updates, sign up for our e-newsletter HERE
Experience Development Coordinator
Tourism Simcoe County Distribution Program
GET THE EXPOSURE YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS....
Tourism Simcoe County offers a variety of co-operative marketing opportunities and programs to promote area tourism businesses. Take advantage of our Local or Border Run distribution.
The Border Run program occurs twice a year in the fall and spring. Publications are delivered to more than sixty tourism information centres along the Hwy 401 corridor from Sarnia to Ottawa and into Quebec.
The Local Distribution program delivers brochures to over fifty prime locations in Simcoe County including hotels, attractions, restaurants, golf courses and ski resorts.
The program runs weekly from May to September and bi-weekly the remainder of the year.
For contract information please see below:
LOCAL BROCHURE DISTRIBUTION
BORDER RUN DISTRIBUTION
Service Excellence Training
RTO7 and the Counties of Bruce, Grey & Simcoe have partnered to bring an online customer service training program to the region. Working in collaboration with OTEC (Ontario Tourism Education Corporation), the BGS Tourism Service Excellence Training is a one hour training that will provide the fundamentals of customer service for frontline tourism staff and other first impression individuals e.g. gas station attendants. We want to collectively ensure that we’re all putting our best foot forward when it comes to welcoming visitors to BruceGreySimcoe!
To be eligible to take the training individuals must:
- Work in one of Bruce, Grey or Simcoe Counties
- Own or work for a “tourism business or organization” as defined below:
If you are a large employer wishing to access training for more than 10 participants, please call your County representative below to access the 'larger employer' promo code.
- Tourism industry (i.e. the businesses or industries that sell products and services directly to tourists, e.g. accommodations, restaurants, recreation and attractions, travel agents, transportation and retail enterprises etc.)
- Owner/Operator (private and non-private tourism businesses, attractions)
- ‘First impressions’ individuals/organizations e.g. gas station attendant, convenience store clerk, or an organization that regularly services the visitors to our region
- Tourism Organization
- Destination Marketing Organization (DMO)
- Business Improvement Association (BIA) or Chamber of Commerce
- Municipal Tourism Office
- Students in a tourism/hospitality program (secondary, post-secondary, career college, etc.) – please call 705-888-8728 or click on the Register button below to access the training
Experience Development Coordinator
Tourism Simcoe County
Please use promo code: S125